Saturday, March 1, 2014

Eyewitness to History: Journalist remembers 2004 coup in Haiti

A demonstrator in Haiti on March 5, 2004, defiantly faces the deadly assault rifle of a U.S. soldier in an armored personnel carrier during a protest of the Feb. 29 kidnapping and coup d’état and ensuing occupation. His raised hands, five fingers outstretched, symbolize the five-year term mandated by the Haitian constitution that President Aristide was not allowed to complete. Many were killed by the occupation forces from Feb. 29 through April 2004 and to the present, including a Spanish journalist, Ricardo Ortega. – Photo: Kevin Pina, Haiti Information Project

Saturday Morning Talkies/KPFA Producer Kris Welch interviews journalist and filmmaker Kevin Pina & author and activist Yves Engler about the 2004 coup in Haiti that ousted President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

PLAY AUDIO 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this matter to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang
of it!

My weblog :: Visit Here (getyourexbackreviews.net)